Father and Son Cake Contest2013
Or other significant male figure and Cub Scout… exceptions always made
The theme this year is “The Future”
Each father and scout team will bake a cake WITHOUT the help of the female members of the household!
Use the categories listed below, or just enter your cake and hope for the best
The rules are simple and as follows:
1. The primary/largest portion of the cake must be cake/brownie/cookie or other home-baked good. You may use a cake mix, or make one from scratch. The primary piece(s) of the cake must be homemade, not purchased.
2. All decorations or special effects on the cake must be edible. Please watch for choking hazards. Do not embed hard items like candy inside the cake. Small edible items are OK as long as they are visible.
3. Absolutely no female or family baking expert may help with the cake. This also includes answering questions. The cake must be baked and decorated by the scout and his male helper (this may be a Father, Grandfather, other relative, family friend, neighbor or mentor… or even the scout by himself!).
4. The scout team must do all the shopping, preparation, baking and decorating by themselves.
5. EVERY SCOUT TEAM MUST ALSO CLEAN THE KITCHEN WHEN THEY’RE DONE!
6. This year there will be 15 cake categories. Each cake will be judged to determine if the cake meets any of the award categories. The categories for this year’s competition are show on the following page.
This years cake categories are as follows:
Best Space Ship Cake
Best Cub Scout Theme Cake
Best Future Cake
Best Time Travel Cake
Best use of Technology Cake
Best Use of Decorations Cake
Best Use of Chocolate Cake
Most Extravagant Cake
Note: PLEASE bring your own servicing utensil clearly marked with your name for serving your cake!